Thursday, June 7, 2007

!_! aDdIcTiOnS !_!

Date: 7 June 2007
Start: 9:14 AM

It has been a long time since I wrote a text-heavy post. The latest few posts are mostly result quizzes. At first, I decided to paste is on the side bar, like what I did to some quiz results. Unfortunately, the pictures, which I truly like, do not fit in the sidebar, though the text was flexible enough to fit in. That is where I have decided to show the results through a post instead. Well, I have posted more than 10 quizzes. So what is this craze?

Well, I am bored. I have to wait for some accreditor to evaluate my credentials since I came from another school. They do not accept the "raw" transcript from the Philippines. So for now, I am still waiting for the evaluation report. For now, I only took the ACCUPLACER placement test, which is similar to the TOEFL, since English is not my native language. The test was basically easy, except for the 'a dime a dozen' phrase when they could have just said 'a dozen for a dime', when I later realized its meaning. The test was computer based so the results were right there after taking the test. The person in-charge there said that I was one point away from the perfect score. I think the 'dime a dozen' part was my mistake. Well, at least my high school education paid off, for now. Anyway, I still wrote an essay for an hour since my score was above the cut-off mark. Below that, special classes must be taken. The sad part is they will no longer consider my score in the exam. My class placement will rely on the essay that I made, which I screwed up, since my mind was messed up. The topic I chose was whether the young ones or the old ones give the best advice. Obviously the old ones give the best advice, but then I have considered the changing times, where the knowledge of the elderly get outdated. Either way, only the old ones have the wisdom about life. Anyway, I will be getting the results later this afternoon. Hopefully I won't screw up. Either way, I should get what I deserve.

So while I am in this idle state, I only stay at home. I am the 'housekeeper', though I don't cook. In the afternoon, I would usually spend my time watching TV, especially cartoons. So much for my novel marathon. I have not read for quite a long time. Maybe it was a good thing that we missed the book sale last Saturday. At least there is still time to read those idle novels. As for eating, I am on a diet. I mean diet in a way that I try to control the amount of food I eat. So far, so good, though I haven't craved for chocolate for quiet a while.

Anyway, I wish that the accreditors would be able to finish the evaluation report so that they could already submit it to the school. As for the school, I hope my grades will be acceptable, such that I do not need to take a placement exam for English and Math. Maybe I should give time to reviewing forgotten topics. How I waste my time! Where is my old time management? I think I need to make a schedule right now and follow it religiously.

End: 9:38 AM

No comments: