Date: 25 September 2007
Start: 9:15 AMAgain, the events that I am going to narrate happened a week ago. Again, I apologize for the delay. As I have mentioned before in a previous post, the conditions are not right for me to make a post. So much for the excuses. Let's just get started with the story.
17 September 2007
It was basically an exam day. First thing in the morning, I have a chemistry exam. It was our first exam on some basic chemical concepts such as the atom. I believe that I will be able to ace this test, but I have my doubts on a few items, especially the item on mass spectrometry. I studied how the process works, but I was not expecting the question that we had. I must have overlooked the information while studying. Hopefully, I can still ace the exam, despite my doubts.
The only exception to the exam day was my economics class. We just continued the lecture on microeconomics. I am not really sure what we talked about, but who cares? Anyway, that's all I have to say about my economics class.
In our English class, we have our usual literature quizzes. The quiz is about the texts that we are assigned to read. I am very glad that these quizzes are objective, and short. Besides, we can't afford to spend most of the time taking quizzes, when discussions of the texts are much more fun. Anyway, that's all I can say about this class.
So one of the highlights for the day is my calculus exam. It was challenging, but not too difficult. The twist in this exam is that we can use graphing calculators to check our answers. Since I took calculus before with out this technology, I tried my best not to use it, with the exception of some items. Also, the teacher checks our work, and to think she is checking our exam. By the way, the teacher is a substitute teacher. Our teacher is apparently on a sick leave. Hopefully, our professor comes back as soon as possible. Anyway, I had only mine checked once, though I was intending to pass my paper. I am grateful enough for her checking, despite its peculiarity. It was a good thing she caught an accidentally large mistake. So much for the others who came back to her a couple of times. After seeing some students just leave their papers on the desk, a few of us decided to put our papers on the desk and leave the class.
While I was leaving the classroom, I managed to talk to one of my classmates, whom I can say I talk to 'most of the time'. While we were walking, we talked about the exam. I was suppose to go to the bus stop right away, but I decided to talk with him for a few moments. We went into the building wherein my classmate tried to apply for a parking permit. I then asked him how old he was, and to my surprise, we are almost of the same age. I asked him how come he's already in college. He said he took the GED. I did not ask further. We then parted our ways. End of story.
It's very nice to be able to meet someone of your own age. Most of the people around around me are a little older than me, though I am able to get along with them. Hopefully, I can talk more to that classmate of mine. It would be nice to be with someone of your own size. The downside of it is that he is Chinese. He does look like someone I know back home. Oh well, that's life. Just be grateful you know someone of your own size.
End: 1:03PM
No comments:
Post a Comment