Date: 20 September 2007
Start: 4:35 PMI am very sorry for not keeping you people updated about the happenings in my life. Well, I have a few stories to share, but I am not able to tell them because of my short attention span. I really do not have a short attention span. It's just that I get crazy over doing something that I do no have time to tell it because I have other important things to do. Well, that is in reference with my free time. Also, people at my house do not know I blog, aside from my brother. This makes it very hard for me to create a post. So much for the excuses. What matters now is that I am sharing my stories once again. This story that I will be sharing today happened last Friday. The summary of the story is basically seeing old classmates and talking to a classmate. So simple the story, yet I like to focus on the conversation with my classmate. It was a long, interesting and weird conversation. Anyway, let's get on with the story
14 September 2007:
After the tension on the lab report, we are finally dismissed from our chemistry class. Fridays are the days when we have our experiments. For this day, we just had a continuation of the lecture, since it will be our exam the following Monday. Anyway, our classroom is like a refrigerator. It is freezing in there, and to think that I am used to laboratories with open windows. That classroom is windowless and cramped. So much for my rants about the classroom.
As I was walking along the hallway, I heard a familiar voice. When I looked around, it was a classmate of mine from computer class last semester. It took me a while to get her attention, since she was talking to her classmate. When I greeted her, she was also surprised to see me. We did not talk that long. In fact, I just greeted her. So much for my Korean classmate.
I went to the cafeteria to have an early lunch. After that, I will be reading in preparation for the lecture in my speech class. Anyway, as I was about to buy lunch, I saw another classmate of mine from last semester. he is one of the Korean guys from my English class. Well, I had lunch with him once, and he was from Brazil. Anyway, I found him in the utensils and condiments section. I even had to tap him at the back to get his attention. Well, we had a short conversation. He is just taking a lunch break from work at school. He is also taking his classes in the afternoon. I remember telling him about the classes I am taking this semester. Well, it was a nice chat. I do envy him that he has work. I am desperate for a part-time job, yet I cannot get one yet. I know a job will come my way soon.
I had a quick lunch. It's just a slice of pizza. How evil am I to my body! I am supplying it with bad cholesterol. Anyway, after lunch, as I mentioned above, i will be preparing for my speech class. I decided to read outside, instead in the library. It's quiet outside, since there aren't that much people on a Friday. I decided to sit in a bench somewhere near the building where my next class will be. While I was walking along, I saw a classmate of mine from chemistry class. He is sitting under a tree eating lunch. I waved at him and he waved back. I then approached, hoping to have a small chat.
What I was expecting to be a short chat turned to be much longer than what I expected. Well, I can't remember the sequence of the topics we've talked about. Anyway, let me just enumerate what we talked about. There was the person of principle and person of personality, which he brought up. He also told me about his Filipino study partner in math. He said she is also looking for a Filipino, came from an all-girls, and probably just arrived recently. He was supposed to get my number so that he can give it to her, but he was not able to do so because of the long chat. What I remember the most was the topic about relationship, love, or whatever is the appropriate term. It was just weird for me that it was just the first time that we talked to each other, and yet, we discussed it. He did most of the talking on that topic. He seems to know a lot about. Anyway, so much for my reactions. We parted a few minutes before my next class begins.
When I arrived at my next class, I was still freezing. Well, it was my fault. During the first few minutes of our chat, the sun was shining brightly, so I took of my jacket. As we were talking, the breeze became cooler. During the rest of our chat, I was freezing. I hope he did not mind my shivering. Anyway, I am very lucky that the classroom is warm, though it took a few minutes before I stopped shivering. As for my speech class, things are fine, except the fact that I am confused if we have an exam meeting or just a review for it. I will just read anyway, just to be sure.
There goes my day. No man is an island: that was the lesson for the day. How I miss my friends. I was able to talk with a few classmates that day, but I haven't made any friends yet. Well, I guess I have to follow the advice of my classmate in chemistry: give it some time. I am still in the pressure cooker: waiting for friends, waiting for a job, waiting for a slot in a four-year college. For now, I just have to do my best in every class.
End: 5:48 PM
After the tension on the lab report, we are finally dismissed from our chemistry class. Fridays are the days when we have our experiments. For this day, we just had a continuation of the lecture, since it will be our exam the following Monday. Anyway, our classroom is like a refrigerator. It is freezing in there, and to think that I am used to laboratories with open windows. That classroom is windowless and cramped. So much for my rants about the classroom.
As I was walking along the hallway, I heard a familiar voice. When I looked around, it was a classmate of mine from computer class last semester. It took me a while to get her attention, since she was talking to her classmate. When I greeted her, she was also surprised to see me. We did not talk that long. In fact, I just greeted her. So much for my Korean classmate.
I went to the cafeteria to have an early lunch. After that, I will be reading in preparation for the lecture in my speech class. Anyway, as I was about to buy lunch, I saw another classmate of mine from last semester. he is one of the Korean guys from my English class. Well, I had lunch with him once, and he was from Brazil. Anyway, I found him in the utensils and condiments section. I even had to tap him at the back to get his attention. Well, we had a short conversation. He is just taking a lunch break from work at school. He is also taking his classes in the afternoon. I remember telling him about the classes I am taking this semester. Well, it was a nice chat. I do envy him that he has work. I am desperate for a part-time job, yet I cannot get one yet. I know a job will come my way soon.
I had a quick lunch. It's just a slice of pizza. How evil am I to my body! I am supplying it with bad cholesterol. Anyway, after lunch, as I mentioned above, i will be preparing for my speech class. I decided to read outside, instead in the library. It's quiet outside, since there aren't that much people on a Friday. I decided to sit in a bench somewhere near the building where my next class will be. While I was walking along, I saw a classmate of mine from chemistry class. He is sitting under a tree eating lunch. I waved at him and he waved back. I then approached, hoping to have a small chat.
What I was expecting to be a short chat turned to be much longer than what I expected. Well, I can't remember the sequence of the topics we've talked about. Anyway, let me just enumerate what we talked about. There was the person of principle and person of personality, which he brought up. He also told me about his Filipino study partner in math. He said she is also looking for a Filipino, came from an all-girls, and probably just arrived recently. He was supposed to get my number so that he can give it to her, but he was not able to do so because of the long chat. What I remember the most was the topic about relationship, love, or whatever is the appropriate term. It was just weird for me that it was just the first time that we talked to each other, and yet, we discussed it. He did most of the talking on that topic. He seems to know a lot about. Anyway, so much for my reactions. We parted a few minutes before my next class begins.
When I arrived at my next class, I was still freezing. Well, it was my fault. During the first few minutes of our chat, the sun was shining brightly, so I took of my jacket. As we were talking, the breeze became cooler. During the rest of our chat, I was freezing. I hope he did not mind my shivering. Anyway, I am very lucky that the classroom is warm, though it took a few minutes before I stopped shivering. As for my speech class, things are fine, except the fact that I am confused if we have an exam meeting or just a review for it. I will just read anyway, just to be sure.
There goes my day. No man is an island: that was the lesson for the day. How I miss my friends. I was able to talk with a few classmates that day, but I haven't made any friends yet. Well, I guess I have to follow the advice of my classmate in chemistry: give it some time. I am still in the pressure cooker: waiting for friends, waiting for a job, waiting for a slot in a four-year college. For now, I just have to do my best in every class.
End: 5:48 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment