Thursday, December 13, 2007

EnLiGhTeNmEnT

Date: 13 December 2007
Start: 9:16 AM

I woke up early to finish my projects since I have to go somewhere this evening. My brother has a band concert. I really do not have to go, but he really likes an audience. So my attendance seems obligatory. I have been to one of his concerts before. It was fine, but quite boring.

Anyway, I would like to share to you what happened yesterday. Unfortunately, I was late for my chemistry finals. I woke up when my alarm rung, but since I felt tired, I dozed off for a few minutes, which lasted for almost an hour. I was not able to catch the last on-time bus. They have a poor transportation system here. Anyway, I came 30 minutes after the test begun. The teacher even asked me that I could ask for more time if it was necessary. Anyway, I was still able to finish my exam on time, since most of the questions were objective. It was a multiple choice test, but it had 100 items. What a record for me to be late for my finals. At least I did not miss it.

The truth is I slept late. I had to finish the revision of my research paper for English class. I basically did not revise that much, except that I rephrased a few paragraphs. Revising the paper does not really take hours to do, so how come I finished it after midnight? I was talking to a friend. We had so much talking. I would remember our talk on dreams, which ended up in a very serious conversation.

I shared to her a secret I have always kept. It is not really a secret but I just do not want to tell what happened. She is the 4th person to know about it. I just begun to tell the story before graduation to a few close friends. I did share a poem related to the incident to a lot of people. Anyway, I am thankful that we had the conversation. I did learn something from her, that is a little background on the incident. Actually, knowing this background made me feel worse. I do not feel guilty. I just feel uncomfortable. Anyway, it is still nice to know about it.

Dear friend, I am not blaming you for me being late for my finals. I just thought that it was fine that I was late for my finals. I was able to talk to my classmate, whom I was not able to talk to for a long time, even if we see each other in class. It was quite embarrassing because we were standing there in class, discussing, when there are still some people taking the finals. The teacher had to tell us to leave. It was quiet embarrassing, but I was glad he was not angry. Anyway, so much for my long conversation with that classmate of mine.

Friend, thank you for your enlightenment. I still feel uncomfortable about it, but as least now I know that I am not making up things in my minds, or that my mind is playing games with me. I hope I can share to you a lot more things about me. Anyway, thank you very much!

Going back to reality, let me proceed to doing my homeworks. :)

End: 9:46 AM

No comments: