Date: 8 February 2008
Start: 12:20 AM
7 February 2008
After chemistry class, I went straight to the library to meet with some group mates in another class for our class presentation. Unfortunately, they already met, and it was decided that we meet thirty minutes before class next week. Thankfully, I can have more time to talk about the chemistry lab report with my partner. I was lucky to find her in the cafeteria, but I never knew the adventure that lay before me, during the period before my university on-site review.
My lab partner introduced me to her friends who passed by the table. Two of them were my classmates from previous semester, though we weren't that close, and they did not probably recognize me. There were other interesting personalities, but this one guy really got my attention.
Aside from the fact that he swears too much, he also has these weird thoughts. He likes women's jeans because it has a tight fit. He loves shopping, though it's not unusual for a guy. He hates holidays because of their commercialization. There were all these crazy things he and my lab partner were talking about. I would say he is a good guy, despite of his swearing and crazy thoughts. I do not like him, but he is the kind of person you would be very eager to know more about.
It was really funny that my lab partner really liked the person. She kept on asking me if she did not look weird or anything. I told her that the guy's craziness caught my attention more. Anyway, so much for the crazy talk that occurred.
We also saw this other guy my lab partner introduced to me a week ago. The talk was not as insane as the previous one, but the conversation was still crazy. The guy talked about roller coasters, high water slides, and other crazy rides. Well, he seems the adventurous type. He and my lab partner also talked about other things, until the guy had to leave.
We were able to finish answering the experiment questions. I was able to see a classmate of mine from the previous summer semester. It was quite a surprise to see the guy. He was one of the people I really wanted to see. He is a very friendly guy, and the first person I had lunch with at college, because we saw each other in the cafeteria. After our lap report meeting, my partner and I strolled along for a while. When my appointment time came, we separated our ways.
The university conducting an on-site review was Virginia Tech. The appointment was quite fast. I was glad for the coordinator's compliment on my essay. I seriously took his comment, hoping that my acceptance chance to the University of Virginia increases. Well, I got accepted by the university. I am very thankful to finally have an option. I am still waiting for the other decisions, but I still have to submit the pending requirements, such that I will only worry about the results.
The day went fast. There were many crazy things during that day, but I was grateful for the lessons and the blessings. Now, I am looking forward to my volunteer interview at a musuem. Hopefully, I finally get a 'job' organizing plant specimens.
End: 1:00 AM
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment