At last, this dreadful day is over. It was dreadful in a way that we had two long exams. The first one was math, which drove me crazy. What I mean is I only need lots of time to answer it. Well, the truth was I sort of had a mental block at the start, even if I had practice the other day. It was nice that it was compensated by a chat by our teacher during English. Anyway, we had a view of the exhibit of the career fair. Sadly, to be honest, it was not as good as the career fair during the previous school year. There were only a few exhibits there, though I was able to get a periodic table from one exhibit there. And so the story goes on until the end of the day. So the highlights of the day? Well, I am stressed by the fact that we had to memorize a lot of things.
First, there is the cation solubility table. We also had our chem long test that day. I only started memorizing the other day. Actually, I was not certain that I have truly memorized the table, though I was able to derive a few 'trends' from it. Aside from the table, there is also the results of the flame test of different ions, and many more concepts. To keep it short, I was able to memorize the things that I really need for the exam. The exam was relatively easy, especially when you have memorized the concepts. I really hope that I will be able to pass this test.
Aside from the solubility table, I had to memorize the whole name of my platoonmates for CAT. Actually, I really had an easy time doing this, since there are only 18 of us, including myself. Also, I am familiar with most of them, so I only need to memorize a few names. What I focused on was memorizing their middle names, which was somehow easy. Most of us were able to memorize each other's names. Sadly, we had three mistakes during our practicals. Since we had the most number of mistakes, we were 'punished' to clean the field. The consolation was that we had a tie with another platoon. At least the load was further divided among ourselves.
The weird thing was that I had an easy time on the test wherein I had to memorize a lot, whereas we had a sad consequence on our practicals wherein there are only a few things to memorize. I guess things need to be compensated by its counterpart. Anyway, I guess I would never really understand how life goes. As to memorizing, the only thing I could say is that you have to really prepare for this, especially when you need to keep in mind a lot of things. :)
Friday, February 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment