WHEN: 14 February 2007
Thoughts to Ponder On:
1.) Why do we celebrate Valentine's Day? Specify the objectives.
2.) How do people celebrate this occasion? How do you show your love?
3.) Why do we give flowers and chocolates? Are there any alternative gifts?
4.) Why do people date? Why are some people so insecure that they do not have a boyfriend, girlfriend, or a spouse?
5.) [Prom-related] Why do people get a date? What makes it different from going alone?
Do I sound lovesick? Well, not really. I just came across this thought as I was pondering. Anyway, why did I bother ask these questions? Well, I see myself as a career person, as in love would be the least of my priorities, with the exception of my family, friends, and of course, God. I feel that my sense of fulfillment would come from my accomplishments at work. Though I am still a student, I really see myself as a successful professional. Anyway, what I want to say is that I do not have this sense of loneliness, as some people do. Well, I appreciate a lot of people, yet I am happy with getting to know them better as a friend. Anyway, enough with this very personal talk. Let me answer my own questions, which would somehow be a means of clarification as to what my stand is.
Answers:
1.) A lot of people say that this day serves as a reminder. Well, I think we need to remind ourselves everyday. I mean, when there is love, there is peace. Is love manifested in our surroundings. The point is, we live with love.
2.) People have very different personalities, which makes everyone special. I think the best way of showing your love to others is to show them who you really are, even if they may not accept you at first. With acceptance comes love. :)
3.) The truth is I have never received any flowers or whatsover [for now]. Anyway, the mere fact that I am with the people I love is the best thing that one could ever have. :)
4.) I have not been into dates nor had a boyfriend. As mentioned, that would be the least of my priotities. It is not that I am cold hearted, but I am already happy in the company of my loved ones. :)
5.) Well, I , again, do not have a date for this prom. The truth is, there is no difference whether you have a date or not. I mean you get to dance with other people. So why bother take a date? Well, at least you got the pictures for a souvenir. :)
May I request my dear readers to also answer these questions, since they are truly meant to be answered by you. Please share your answers by making a comment about this entry. You may not need follow the sequence of the questions. Please answer freely. Hope to read your stand regarding this topic. :)
SUCCESS OR LOVE?
1 comment:
nice. i like how you tackled the topic.
Post a Comment