Saturday, April 21, 2007

,^^ of Vanity and Happiness ^^,

Date: 20 April 2007
Start: 2:44 PM

I told a friend of mine that I will be making a new post on April 21 in the early morning [time way back at home], since by that time, I would have come home, taking a placement test, which will determine what year level in high school should I be placed in. Well, to that friend of mine, I am making the post right now, as I am typing at this moment. So you might be wondering how the test went. Well, just read my story below.

The story would start at the day before, which was yesterday. Well, my parents and I were discussing a few issues concerning my education, whether I would repeat a year of high school or go to college directly. As we were discussing the high school part, where in my father wants me to go to school next week. With the scenario in my mind, wherein I am this new girl in school, entering a class, being introduced to my classmates, and me looking at everyone's face and all eyes are on me, it made me cry. Maybe I was afraid in a sense. Maybe I won't be this scared if I started school earlier, but me going to school when the school year is about to end in almost two months? The changes would be overwhelming, which was another reason for me to cry. Anyway, my parents, especially my mother, laughed at this, like I am now old yet I still cry 'for no reason'. Well, you really can't help but cry, especially when there is a lot of confusion going around. As for me, the confusion concerns my educational path. Well, after my crying moment, things went fine the rest of the night. I was able to continue the episode from CSI, which really made me glad. I then thought that if ever I am going to school, maybe I won't be able to watch TV or however. The program ends at ten o'clock. Back there, at home, I usually sleep at around eleven o'clock, doing homework and other stuff. Maybe I can manage my sleeping time. After all, the people at this house wake up early to go to school or work. Well, that was how the day before went, aside from the cramming during the afternoon since I woke up late. So the next chapter? Get ready for the twist of your life!

So the scene in the morning was as simple as me taking first a bath, had a glass (or technically a cup) of milk, brushed my things, arranged my bag and off we went. Why bother bring a bag? It just contains a pencil case, my old scientific calculator, my organizer [What would I organize anyway?], review books for some last-minute cramming, and other stuff I can't remember. The bag was not that big anyway. So, going back, well, my father scolded me a little for the incomplete transcript. I requested for that at around the end of the third quarter, so the transcript I have is until the second quarter of my fourth year. And yes, we did open the envelope, which was even signed at the flap. So, what to expect from your transcript? Well, not much really, Just the final grade per subject per year level, including the final average per year level. I just don't know if there is a final average for the whole four/three/two years. As for the transcript of others, there may be a slim chance of seeing their transcripts, unless one copy would be their personal copy, or whatever reasons there would be. So enough with the transcripts. Let's go the twist of the story.

Going to the place or center, well, it's just around the corner, maybe a 20 minute drive from home. Parking full, we parked by the sidewalk. Entering the facility, I was nervous, though I am not the type who's sweating it all out or whatever. It's all in my eyes, just looking around the place. After at the reception office, my father and I head to the office we were told to go to. Then there goes the explanation of etc about me, that I am 15 years old and turning 16, a high school graduate in the Philippines and so on and so forth. Where's the twist? It's as simple as the password is 'graduate'. They do not accept students who have graduated high school. Well, a sign for me to rejoice and happily spend my vacation. Yet again, we were directed to another office, just to make things sure. At that office, it was truly confirmed that I will not repeat high school, simply because I have graduated from it. As for my educational path, well, I would first have to enter community college, since I am very late for application here at the university. It was also recommended that I get a complete transcript and my diploma, which is said to be released sometime this June. Hopefully it could be retrieved as soon as possible. And so my story ends. I have around four months of vacation. Well, things will still be uncertain, as in things will happen when you least expect it.

To end this story, let me share to you the incident at the grocery. Well, before heading home, we first went to the grocery store to buy milk, juice and bread. At counter, the cashier greeted my father, as simple as being hospitable to your customer or whatever. Well, I was greeted after. Well, he called me young miss. When you least expect it, he sort of tells me why am I not in school. Well, my father did the explaining, and I answered a few questions. After paying for the goods, the cashier greeted me that hopefully I would enjoy my vacation this time around. You see, the country has a 'No Child Left Behind' policy. Also, it is a state law that every child must be in school. That explains the scenario. Unfortunately, I am on vacation, officially. So there. So much for the worrying when things would suddenly favor me. Well, I am very thankful for this blessing. Maybe the next time things won't be this way. I'd better enjoy the longest vacation of my entire life.

There goes my happiness. Now for vanity. I just want to share to you all that I will not put any blog URLs in this blog. Well, first of all, a blog is a personal space. I don't see the logic behind displaying the blog URLs of others. It's not that there is a blog viewing competition. Anyway, I would rather put my Multiply site and some favorite sites in my links. Well, this is all for the sake of sharing. Well, think about this. You display other peoples' blog URLs because there is nothing nice in your own blog, despite the artwork and the layout. Well, this sounds crazy, right? So, don't take this seriously. Do whatever you like to your own blogs. As for me, I will not put the blog URLs of other people in my blog, simply because I want my blog to be a very personal space, not a menu of other blogs. Well, just an announcement. At least you know what to expect of my blog.

So activities for tomorrow? Well, nothing adventurous, but it's out of nothing that there is something. So much for my philosophy. I think now is the right time to tie my hands up in order to stop typing senseless topics. Well, hope you enjoyed my story. 'Til then.

End: 3:40 PM

No comments: