Tuesday, April 10, 2007

>>> tRaNsItIoN >>>

Date: 10 April 2007

Start: 9:29 AM

As I have said in my previous post, I have to rush all my outdated stories. So now, I am going to start with my most outdated story, that is the day of our flight.

1 April 2007

We went to the mall in the morning to buy a few things and eat outside. We were able to use the discount card I got from school. Anyway, to my surprise, the card is reusable. The card is valid until my birthday, which is a little disappointing since I won't be home on my birthday. Anyway, one of my agenda is to buy an album for all the grad pictures I have collected. In my search, I even met a friend who is also looking for an album. Anyway, the search was a failure. I have come to a conclusion that people have not yet learned to collect grad pictures. Anyway, when I went home, I just placed the pictures in a temporary album. I stuffed the rest of my things in my bag, to which my aunt made an objection. It went like I could not bring this because it is just junk, too heavy for my bag, and whatever other reasons she made. Anyway, I was able to bring the things in my priority list, as if I really had a hard copy of the list.

Anyway, after my last dinner, I had a bath. Well, strangely enough, I had a last minute spoof or whatever that is. It all started with a deodorant stick, or was it an antiperspirant stick? Whatever that is, I had a problem with the stick. No matter how many times I turn the dial or whatever you call it, nothing comes out. So I asked my grandmother to hand me some sharp thing, which can act like a hook, in order to remove the cover full of holes. After a few minutes, I had my grandmother and aunt do it, and they also failed. My aunt said that she'll just bring me a roll-on. I insisted on removing the cap. After another few minutes, I decided to use the roll-on instead. Strangely, after a few more minutes, there wasn't still a knock on the door. So I called them out for the roll-on. Unfortunately, there had been a misunderstanding. To fast forward the story, I got my roll-on. After a few more minutes, we left for the airport.

At the airport, after checking-in our baggage and passing through the immigration, my grandmother and I then went to our boarding gate. While waiting, my grandmother chatted with the other passengers. I joined in after a few moments. I then got hungry so I bought myself a snack. By the way, our flight was delayed. Our departure time became the boarding time. Anyway, we were glad when we were about to board. This is the sign of an end to our waiting and an end of my life here at home. It was really dark around when we departed. Either way, the take-off was smooth.

Nothing much interesting happened during the flight. As for the food, I decided to try the Korean food. By the way, we are riding the Korean Air. Going back, the food they served was bibimbap. I was amazed with the packed steamed rice. It was so good. As for the meal, we were even given instructions as to how to eat our meal. By the way, the tricky part here is the chili paste. At first, I only put a small amount of chili paste in my food. Unsatisfied, I added more paste little by little. Unfortunately, my food became a little spicy. Luckily, I have a soup, which neutralizes my tongue. Strangely, I poured the soup onto the meal, thinking it would neutralize the taste of the food. Unfortunately, it was still spicy. Sadly, I was not able to finish my food. So there goes our flight to Incheon.

When we arrived at the airport, we just passed a few checkpoints then we readily proceeded to our boarding gate. We had a long walk from the checkpoints, like our boarding gate is almost at the end of the line. It was nice that they had a conveyor belt, but it would have been better if they had installed a tram. Either way, after arriving at our boarding gate, we took turns in going to the comfort room. The toilet seat was somehow interesting. We had to press a button before using the toilet. So I pressed the button. The plastic covering the seat sort of rotated. So now I can sit on the clean plastic cover of the toilet. So after going to the comfort room, we then had a nap. The chairs were somehow comfortable enough to sleep on and there was enough room space to stretch on. I really do not think I had a good nap. Anyway, when we woke up, I ate what remains of the snack I bought way back at the old airport. After that, I decided to get myself a nice hot drink. By the way, one of the reasons why I had a bad nap is that I feel cold. I did not expect that the weather would be that cold in Korea. So there I bought a hot chocolate to warm myself up. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the cost. The drink costs almost $5. I do not think there is nothing special in the ingredients they used. Anyway, I took another nap since it will be a few more hours before our boarding time. This time, I had a good nap. Right in time when I woke up, it was now time for boarding.

As for our flight going to our final destination, it was really long. Luckily, the airplane has a personal entertainment system, even in the economy class, to which where we are seated. As for the food, I still kept on ordering Korean food, except that I was now more careful of the chili paste. The food is really food, yet I do not think my tongue favors Korean flavors. Going back to the entertainment system, I was able to keep myself preoccupied with it. Aside from it being an entertainment system, you can also view some flight details such as the plane's location on the globe, the temperature outside, in the English and metric system. Anyway, going back, I was able to watch a lot of movies and listen to some music. Here are the films that I have watched, in chronological order, during the flight.

> Eragon
> Ms. Potter
> Charlotte's Web
> Night at the Musuem
> Marie Antoinette

Among the movies that I have watched, my most favorite is Ms. Potter. I did not appreciate Marie Antoinette. It mostly showed the lavishness of the French in the high class during their time. The movie was somehow pointless. Anyway, I was also able to play a few games like Minesweeper and Magma Zone, wherein this bouncing ball should not touch the ground or whatever that is.

Anyway, when we arrived at the airport, the airplane had a smooth landing. After landing, the passengers then rode this really odd shuttle. It is really hard to describe how it looks like. By the way, I do not have photos for our flight. My aunt has my camera, which she will use when she will be auditing in Europe. Anyway, when we arrived at the immigration, I was a little mad. From a single line, the passengers will break off into smaller lines. Why can't we just line up in the booth instead of this long line, which made me really impatient. What's with the maze-like path? Anyway, after our turn at the immigration booth, we finally got our luggages. Strangely, the luggages were already placed on the ground. It was somehow convenient since we do not have to get it from the rotating conveyor belt. After a few more checkpoints and meeting my father at the receiving area, we went home.

At home, I was surprised that my brother was also there. I was only expecting my mother. He said it was his spring break. After a few moment of doing things and lunch, I had a nap. Surprisingly, waking up at 2 o'clock in the morning, I cannot sleep anymore. I have realized that I have slept for almost 12 hours. And so the story goes. So far things are alright.

Anyway, I have appreciated people viewing my webcam. I do not know. I just want to let you know guys that I am fine. So far, the weather is still cold. They said that winter came late. Luckily I am at home most of the time.

This is where my story ends. Isn't it obvious that I have fast forwarded the story after the almost 12-hour nap. So now, I do not have anymore outdated stories for you guys. Anyway, from this moment on, I promise to write every time in my blog. It is more on to keep the people I love updated on what is going on in my life. As for my blog, hope to implement those features right away. As for you guys, I really miss you here. How I wish I could go home, yet, as I have said, I have passed the point of no return. I do not know what lies ahead for me, but I know everything has a purpose. So, the best thing for me to do is to follow the will of God. Hope to keep inn touch with all of you guys. 'Til then!
: )

End: 11:32 AM

* There were technical problems while writing this post.
* I was doing other things while writing this post.

No comments: