I have never heard of Philippine Science High School until I reached grade six, when I was reviewing for the entrance test. All I knew about the school then was that it was a school for the cream of the crop of the Philippines, where students spend most of the time studying. Anyway, I have luckily passed the entrance test. I accepted the slot because I want to face the challenge of being a PSHS scholar, and avail of its privileges. After the enrolment, I felt the rush of being a PSHS scholar, with the uniform and the textbooks.
The orientation gave me a first glimpse of the life ahead of me. I was thinking then of how I can mingle with my intellectual classmates, how my teachers would look like, and how big the school is. Though the subjects seem tough, teachers look strict, and the students somehow unapproachable, I was not discouraged from continuing the challenge. When the first day came, I felt that the students from other years were superior, with all the hardships they have been through. First impressions may last, but they are often false.
During the course of my stay here at this school, I have experienced and realized many things. I had made many friends, even with students from other batches. I have realized that everyone is just an ordinary person, no matter how smart of popular you are. I am proud to say that in our batch, we treat each other with equal respect. As for our teachers, most of them are very approachable. There are times when we like the teacher more than the subject he teaches. Students truly stay up late just to finish their requirements, but sometimes, this happens out of procrastination, with all our other commitments. The subjects are somehow manageable, but there are some subjects, which drive us crazy, no matter how hard we study for it. Generally, life in Pisay somehow gave me a glimpse of the real world.
I have also changed in those four years. The most significant change was that I have become a more outspoken person. When I entered this school, I was a quiet, shy, and insecure person. I was a loner, though I still mingle with my classmates. As time went by, I have become very talkative and friendlier. By the way, I was lucky I was blessed with two soul mates, who were my classmates during my whole stay here in PSHS. Also, I was brought close to God. I have realized how truly life is good with Him as the center of it. Pisay has truly been a channel of blessings.
This is the draft of the essay. Revisions were made while it was written to its final form.
No comments:
Post a Comment