It was quite surprising that we just had our graduation yesterday. I was even cramming a recommendation form the previous night, wherein I searched for sample recommendation forms over the Internet, which I then compiled into a somewhat neat form. Anyway, so how did I prepare for the ceremony? Well, I had cookies and milk for breakfast. I then brushed my teeth and took a bath. My aunt then arranged my hair in a simple fashion, since it would get messed up anyway. So it was after all those preparations that we head off to school.
When we arrived at school, we parked at a shaded area at the side of the field, since the parking by the gymnasium was somewhat full. Anyway, so we headed to the gym, meeting a few friends along the way. So my father and my aunt took their respective seats somewhere in front, while my uncle and my cousin took a seat at the back. After leaving my things to my aunt, I headed downstairs to see and talk to the people.
After a small chat and a few shots in front of the camera, we headed to the registrar's office, which is at the other side of the school, to get the program for the event. Though there were marshals who were distributing the program upstairs, the stubs for the seats were at the registrar's. Anyway, after reaching the second floor of the SHB, my feet hurt, with my shoes, which were closed and heeled. Losing restraint of myself, I removed my shoes. How it was nice to walk along the corridors barefooted, feeling the coolness of the tiled floors. Anyway, as I was nearing the registrar's office, our guidance counselor saw me barefooted, which I properly explained the reason for my action.
After retrieving the program from the office, outside, our guidance counselor gave me a picture of us during the prom, with dedications written at the back. By the way, moments ago at the gym, a friend gave me his grad picture, to which I cordially replied that I would give him my grad picture during the grad ball later that evening, since I had not written my dedications. Going back, before heading down the stairs, I put on my shoes again.
After going back up the gym to give the seat stubs, moments after I went down and wore my toga, we were then asked to form our lines at the poolside. While waiting for the program to start, I removed my shoes again for how many times. We even greeted some of our batch mates who were celebrating their birthday on that day. We again posed for a few shots in front of the camera. I had a small chat with some friends. I even panicked that time, since my partner at the march was not around yet. I was relieved when he arrived. At least I do not have to march alone. After a few moments, we finally marched our way upstairs.
When everyone has finally settled in his or her respective places, we sung the national. We did not raise and put down our hands at the same time, unlike how we used to during practices. Finally, the prayer did not consist of only an 'amen'. We had a short welcoming remarks from our batch president. One of our batch mates with the highest honors made a short speech. Our campus director then introduces the guest speaker. The inspirational talk was not that long and boring. Our campus director then introduces us, the graduates, to the secretary of the Department of Science and Technology. The DOST secretary then pronounces the whole batch as graduates of the PSHS- Main Campus. I can't believe I am that old now. Anyway, we then received our diplomas, which was only a blank paper. Many are saying that we would be receiving the real thing next school year. Well, I guess my diploma has to wait for a few more months. After the whole batch has received their diplomas, special awards were given to the respective recipients. After those special awards, we, the students who will graduate with high honors, were recognized. It was nice that we received medals, because we were expecting to receive certificates. Anyway, after the graduates with highest honors were recognized, we had the oath of loyalty and the oath of the alumni. I really can't believe that I am now an alumnus of this school. Anyway, after getting tired of keeping our right arms up, we then had our grad song. It was quite disappointing not to be comfortable during the presentation, with our togas and crammed up places. We even repeated our grad song for some reason, which I was not able to know. After being free from the hot sardines can, we then sang the school hymn. We then had the recessional after. That is how simple our graduation went. I was not able to take pictures of my friends. We only had family pictures for the graduation. It was weird of me that right after graduation I was looking for my teacher to whom I asked a recommendation form. I was able to give her the form, but I was not able to find the other teacher. Anyway, upon going downstairs and seeing my research teacher, I asked my relatives to go ahead, since I have to show our teacher our revised final paper. So I was able to do my business. I was even looking for my group mate to give her the paper, but I then decided to give it to her at the grad ball anyway. Before leaving for home, I had a short chat with a very dear friend of mine, with whom I am expecting to meet at lunchtime on Friday.
The trip to the venue was quite smooth. Anyway, when we arrived at the hotel, I saw a friend of mine in a gown, in which I totally panicked. I was wearing the wrong attire, though I followed the theme, as in the attire had to be formal. Well, my consolation was that I could move around better than the rest. I was even chattering about me wearing the wrong attire, to which my friend told me that she forgot to mention that it had to be formal. Anyway, after a few shot in front of the camera, we settled down for a few moments then we had our dinner. It was a buffet dinner, yet I only got a small portion of the food, which I was not able to finish. I did not even have dessert because I felt full. Anyway, we all had a toast for a few moments then we resumed to our respective business, with me and a few more people busy writing our dedications in our grad pictures. A few moments later, a video was presented, somewhat like in memory of the batch, featuring an essay of our batch mate written for our English class. As the video was presented, the dividers then were brought out, in order for the students and parents to have their respective privacy. After the video, we then had a short awarding ceremony, which was truly fun. After the awarding, that is where the party started. At first, there were not any people on the dance floor. I think most were busy taking pictures. Anyway, a friend of mine and I were one of the first people to dance. After one song, we sort of walked around the place. Our first year class then assembled for our picture taking, which was postponed, since the booth will be moved inside the room. So the picture taking and the dancing resumed. When the booth was set up, the first year class next to us was called, to which I asked if our class was done. Our picture taking was moved, since one of us was performing, sort of one of the bands playing for the night. So the fun continues. I was present in all of my class pictures. By the way, the party made me extremely hyper, as in I wanted to dance all night. Anyway, One memorable dance was with a friend, who wrote in his dedication in his grad picture that he had to tell me something. During the dinner, I was able to give him my grad picture and I reminded him of what he has to say to me. He told me that he would not tell it that night. I told him that I would be leaving this Monday, which sort of gave him the pressure. Anyway, going back, after we danced, we then took a seat at some isolated place. As to what we talked about, it was just a simple sharing of things. Do not expect something personal here. Anyway, right after our chat, we then proceeded to the photo booth for our third year class picture. So the dancing continues. While the last third year class was having their picture taken, it was flashed on the screen that we will be having our last three songs, which disappointed us all. We were not able to have our fourth year class pictures. Anyway, I still had fun during the last three songs. After the party, we had a few shots in front of the camera. By the way, I was not able to take a lot of pictures, since I wanted to enjoy the dancing. At least I was able to have a picture with my close friends.
Going home, the trip was smooth. Two of my friend hitched a ride. One of them was dropped off at a gas station, where his father was waiting for him. The other one was dropped off at his house. So my father and I went home. It was quite sad that we still have to do our clearance and I have a dentist appointment in the afternoon. By the way, tears were not shed that much during that night. Well, we would still be seeing each other anyway with the clearance signing.
A short summary: Thank you to Batch 2007 for all the wonderful memories of my high school life. I really can't help but say that we truly love picture taking and that we are really the best batch in PSHS. Hope to see you guys soon in the future. Hope to know you all better. Good luck in your clearances. Love you all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment