Thursday, March 15, 2007

-=O fOOtbaLL O=-

My experience of football, also known as soccer, was limited to watching it, whether it be the World Cup on TV or the game during the intramurals. It is really amazing to see those players defending the goal and making a score. Well, I have never played football in my life, until during this year's intramurals. I have never imagined myself being in the middle of the battle. Dear readers, this experience I will share with you now.

It all started when the soccer game and the girl's basketball game were scheduled at the same time. The big conflict was that most of the players at the basketball game are also players for the soccer game. So were was I in the situation? Well, I was the one looking for the people needed at the court. I even went outside in the field to call the people I was asked to find. One of the soccer players approached me and asked if I could play in the game, since there are only a few players. I did not want to play and luckily, I was able to find a classmate of mine who could play. Unfortunately, my 'escape' plan somehow did not work. In short, I played as a midfielder, or whatever you call that person.

Well, the game ended with a draw for the girls and a score of 1-0 in favor of the other team. Well, it was alright, though I was really exhausted after chasing the ball. Since I played because they were out of players, I thought that this would be the last game. Unfornately, that was not the case.

After that game, I played for the other games we had for that event. Well, there was a time when I accidentally touched the ball, which was strictly not allowed in the game. Anyway, we were able to make it to the finals, after a very close fight during the semifinals, where they had a shoot-out. It was sad that we did not win in the finals. Well, there is always a second place. By the way, for the past three days of intramurals, my socks is always dirty by the front soles. After every soccer game, there are small pieces of stones and dried grass in my shoes. Some unfortunate events, which lead to amazing insights.

First of all, I would say that my performance was good for a beginner who was already called to play in the field. For some feedback, I need to run fast, kick the ball faster, and learn how to handle the ball properly. The thought of living an active lifestyle came across my mind. Living an active lifestyle allows you to keep your body in good condition, aside from fighting the bulges. Most importanly, I was able to appreciate the game by playing the game. Well, I suddenly wondered whether to pursue this sport as a hobby. Unfortunately, I am not a sporty person. Maybe the least that I can do is learn how to play the game properly.

I am really thankful for this wonderful experience. I am hoping to experience more of this game and play this with a few friends during our free time. So here I go again, the desperate aspirant, who ends up wanting other things. When would our wants be limited?

No comments: